The Samaritans, Rescuers and Lifeguards Sector of the Hellenic Red Cross is the biggest Volunteer Organization providing First Aid and Rescue Services in Greece.
The Samaritans and Rescuers of the Hellenic Red Cross are providing daily First Aid Services in numerous sports and cultural activities and during emergencies are collaborating with the General Secretariat of Civil Protection of Greece and the Fire Brigade to provide Rescue Services.
The Samaritans and Rescuers of the Hellenic Red Cross is using a strong network of 38 branches nationwide.
The Training Department of the Samaritans and Rescuers of the Hellenic Red Cross is certified and follows an ISO 9001:2008 quality management system by Lloydâs Register Quality Assurance.
The Schools that are provided are as follows:
-Samaritans and Rescuers School
Basic First Aid, CPR/AED and Basic Rescue Skills - 15 months in duration (500 hours)
-Specialty Rescue Schools
Technical Rescue, Water Rescue, Communications, Search and Rescue, Mountain Rescue, K9 SAR and more...
-Lifeguards School - 3 months in duration
The main tasks of the Volunteer Samaritans, Rescuers and Lifeguards of Hellenic Red Cross are:
- Search and Rescue
- Disaster Response and Releif
- First Aid Services
- First Aid and CPR/AED trainings towards the general public, students, companies and factories
- Various environmental tasks
- Informing the general public regarding disaster management and risk management for emergencies.
- Collaboration with all the Greek Emergency Agencies in Disaster Preparedness, Response and Relief.
- Blood banks and blood donation campaigns.
- ...and many more!!!